Strong Two-Factor Authentication
Today's technology has enabled businesses to efficiently communicate, share and exchange information electronically. However, the challenge in today's business transactions is the vulnerability of electronically stored and transmitted data on computer networks. The need to authenticate the identity and validity of users accessing information on the network and ensuring secure connection between employees, partners and customers have become a top-level priority for many businesses.
Security solutions are widely deployed to provide businesses with a secure connection. However, VPNs and other security applications are notoriously vulnerable to hackers as they are only password-protected. Passwords alone are easily compromised and are widely regarded as the weakest link in any given security system. In view of these challenges, enterprises of all sizes require strong (two-factor) authentication systems, which is a powerful and required addition to any VPN, firewall or other password-protected e-Security system.
Authenex offers strong two-factor authentication systems that are safe, secure, affordable and easy to manage. The Authenex Strong (Two-Factor) Authentication System (ASAS™) utilizes the Authenex A-Key with a user-assigned password to verify and authenticate the validity of the client VPN, LAN or remote web access user before allowing access to any data. The ASAS Server integrates seamlessly into existing network infrastructures through RADIUS protocols.
The A-Key token is available in several models and allows for multiple authentication methods. The device can be used in the ASAS solution as a PKI token, Challenge-Response token, or stand-alone One-Time Password device, allowing more maximum flexibility for the user. The token is password activated ensuring that Strong Two-Factor Authentication principles are enforced.
Authenex Strong Authentication System Benefits:
- Ensure Highest Possible Security - ASAS restricts access unless both A-Key token and password are provided and the entire ASAS database is securely encrypted by an administrator's A-Key. In addition, the A-Key provides secure access to multiple independent networks, services and/or resources, plus offers multiple authentication methods.
- Affordable - ASAS is less than half the cost of the leading competitor.
- Convenient - The A-Key is a unique house-key sized token that itself is approximately 65% less than that of the leading competitor.
- Durable - The A-Key has a life expectancy of 10 to 20 years unlike the old tokens that are battery powered and must be replaced every three years.
- Easy deployment - ASAS is compatible with the world's most popular remote firewall and VPN solutions, including Check Point™, Cisco®, Nortel®, Citrix®, Microsoft®, MetaInfo® and others. Also the ASAS authentication server works with existing infrastructure by using RADIUS and TCP/IP protocols and supports ODBC to use SQL databases.
- Independent Authentication Solution - ASAS does not require PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) though the A-Key® may be used in PKI environments.
- Interoperability - ASAS provides interoperability with a suite of other Authenex e-security applications - including Endpoint (File and Hard Drive) Encryption, Secure File Exchange, Certificate Storage, and Strong (Web) Access Control.